CASPHE -Czech Association of Professional Higher Education
Who are we?
The Czech Association of Professional Higher Education (CASPHE) is an independent organisation of colleges and institutes of professional higher education in the Czech Republic. It was founded in 1991. CASPHE represents interests of the particular type schools and education, contributes to their development. It plays a role in policy discussions as regards formulation of problems relevant to the development of professionally-oriented higher (tertiary) education sector faces and proposals of their solution. CASPHE facilitates mutual cooperation of member schools and exchange their experiences, facilitates contact individual for members seeking to create conditions for qualitative growth, creates a sense of belonging and mutual interest.
CASPHE activities include:
- conceptual and policy work on the development and structuring of professionally oriented tertiary education;
- development of colleges and institutes of professional higher education including information on challenges, trends and developments at international level and promotion of experience from abroad;
- promotion of the idea of professional higher (tertiary) education including communication with professional bodies and representation of employers;
- preparation and coordination of international and Czech-based projects, seminars and conferences;
- activities in the field of quality management and improvement
Why we are Participating in the Project
We want to support the development of QA in PHE sector. Our members will benefit from project outcomes especially from developer course about leadership in QA and the manual QA manual for institutional leaders.
Our Role in the Project
We participate in all project activities and we are the leader of IO2 – Competence Framework and Curriculum for top level Internal Quality Assurance Management for Institutional Leaders.
Jan is mainly focused on using ICT in education, QA and competences development. He is the main organizer of international conference DisCo about using ICT in education. He is a member of EURASHE WG Learning&Teaching and WG Microcredentials. He has participated in many international projects.
Iva, director of CASPHE since 2016 is responsible for the overall management of the organisation and both the expert and managerial part of its projects. She has previously been coordinator of the EURASHE secretariat between 2009 and 2013. She has been a coordinator for the key EURASHE PHE HAPHE project.
Ondřej has extensive experience in project management in different programs including ESF, Erasmus+ or national calls for education and culture. In CASPHE he works as a project manager and researcher for the Erasmus+ projects and is currently involved in the projects connected to VET and PHE - PROCSEE, SAPS, ApprenticeTrack.